Countdown to 12-21-2012

Monday, May 4, 2009

Down the Rabbit Hole

I have been watching the videos by Ian Xel Lungold on the Mayan Calendar. So far, I have seen 3 videos and they are very repetitious. I see no point in watching more than one. He is explaining and elaborating on the work of Calleman, which posits an end date of Oct. 28, 2011.

Supposedly, all the Mayan scholars for the past 75 years or so missed a text that relates to a correction in the calendar that was done during Pacal's reign, whereas a micro-biologist from Sweden figured it out. I find that hard to accept. Sorry. Apparently there is an on-going controversy about this. However, no one has ever given this date as the end date before or since.

Even though I read Calleman's book, I didn't understand what he was trying to say until I watch Lungold's videos. He does a good job of elucidating Calleman's theory. With the corrections that would need to be made, it would still correspond to a way of viewing the evolution of this planet. You can read some of this at Lungold's website. Lungold passed away in 2005 so he won't be there to see it.

Lungold adds a few of his own ideas, which I found the most thought-provoking and significant.

He admits he is self-educated and there is a certain down-to-earth quality of his presentation The video in Sedona is a bit pathetic. He seems to be talking outside or in a parking garage or something and the paper he is writing on keeps flying around. This does him a great disservice. He is sincere and yet the circumstances of this presentation are less than ideal and distracting.

That all being said, some of things he said have gotten me thinking. He said at the highest level, beings would regard each other with admiration. Without admiration, we would not want or do anything. We have to admire someone or something in order to want to emulate them or have something. I never thought of it that way.

Other points he made were that after the 5th night (of destruction) there was a huge change that catapulted creation to another level. Developments before the 5th night sort of caused the destruction in the first place, but that once there was this sort of purging, a higher level could be achieved. That made me think too.

One of the reasons we are having so many problems on the planet at this time is over-population. We got here because of the agricultural revolution, the industrial revolution and all the advances of science. Our achievements may become our undoing.

There has been an incredible response to this latest threat of swine/bird flu. Schools close with only one child sick. Could the deaths of millions be required so that humanity as a whole can survive?

Lungold reads a letter from the Hopi which speaks about this time when a great river is flowing faster and faster and that we should not try to hang on to the bank, but go with the flow. It is worthwhile looking around to see who is floating along with you on this ride.

It is not easy to let go. Just this weekend all my plans for the next couple months got changed when I broke my ankle. I can't drive, nor walk without crutches for a month or more. I am in survival mode again. Just taking care of basic needs is challenging. I live alone and my house is less than comfortable on a good day. I will be missing many activities I had planned.

At the time I was attending a training in Plant Spirit Healing. Personally, I view my injury as entering the portal of the Underworld. "Just what I wanted". Right. Yes, oh yes, I want to evolve. I want to grow. I want to be ready for the Shift. But not like that. Ha! Ha! My injury is a sign that Spirit is taking me seriously and has accepted me into this apprenticeship. My shamanic dismemberment. Gee, I thought I already did that.

No comments:

Post a Comment